Elgandal is a small village situated on the banks of river Manair. It was the seat of power for the Nizam till 1905 AD when the district head quarters was shifted from Elgandal to Karimnager during the reorganization.
During the course of history Elgandal was called with different names as Bahudhanyapuram, Tellakandula and Veligandula and later as Elgandal. It has been the centre of the important political actives from a very long time. Histoical evidences of artifacts and inscriptions suggest that the region has been ruled by as many as five dynasties namely; the Kakatiyas, Bahmanis, Qutub Shahis, Mughals and Asaf Jahis. The village is a good example of communal harmony where people of all religions co exist happily.